Author Topic: New 19.10 based beta  (Read 507 times)

Darin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New 19.10 based beta
« on: December 03, 2019, 10:17:44 PM »
I am building a 19.10 based beta. Here is a quick glance at the changed desktop.

https://ibb.co/z5qbgLv

https://ibb.co/j6cyF25

There will be at least a couple of beta builds but this is pretty good right now and the iso is sitting at 1.4GB in size. I also took off Timeshift and put back on Systemback. I am aware of no support but it is easier to use for most people. I do have working iso's built. I will be doing a final one soon after I fix all of the little stuff and it is tested by a few testers. This is pretty stable but only time will tell.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 06:44:22 PM by Darin »

Darin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New 19.10 based beta
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 12:24:52 AM »
I think I have a RC1 candidate ready. It is going through outside testing to see if I forgot something or an issue that I do not have. I have added a desktop icon to install Steam silently with notifications letting you know to be patient as it is a silence install as well as another notification of it being done as well as deleting the desktop icon.

Darin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New 19.10 based beta
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 10:28:22 AM »
I am aware of some issues with Ryzen and AMD graphics not working correctly. I am actively trying to figure out a fix that does not affect everyone. The good news is, that if you use NVIDIA graphics cards and select 3rd party install option while installing to the hard drive, you will get the drivers to install. Just to put things in perspective, it took several days of writing the game install scripts so that they worked like what I wanted them to do. Any user who has sudo access can install the games and the icons are removed from all users desktop and any new user desktop that might be added in the future as well as the menu being fixed for all users both current and future. Seems like a normal thing to do, but it is not setup that way by default with the games putting icons wherever they want. This only applies to Steam, Lutris and PlayOnLinux as installing those games I did not fix if they are broken as there are way to many of them to attempt. I also went back to Firefox for some security and performance compared to Chromium.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk