Author Topic: A couple of questions  (Read 53 times)

mades

• View Profile
A couple of questions
« on: July 31, 2018, 05:57:15 PM »
Hi all. I was testing the distro and it looks promising. However, there are two things that bothered me so far and was hoping there were solutions.

- The scrollbars are way too thin, making it hard to click on them. Is there a way to make them "fatter"?

- The animation when hovering over the bottom menu (not to mention the fire animation) makes me nauseous, and was wondering if there is a way to modify so that they are static? Or even a simple animation like RocketDock for Windows.

Darin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 08:43:15 PM »
What scroll bars are you exactly talking about and where, so I can help you. The animations can be turned off as well as any effects can be modified by right clicking on an icon and selecting configure. I would suggest using the simple menu as there is an option for cairo dock and selecting what you desire. Selecting where it shows nothing should stop an effect and/or animation.

mades

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 05:47:36 PM »
Concerning the scrollbar: For example, when I am in the settings page or in a folder etc.

Thanks, fixed the Cairo dock. I tried right clicking yesterday, but that didn't work. Giving it a go today seems to have worked, at least 2 out of 4 times. Seems like my right click button is faulty.

Darin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 09:05:19 PM »
This is a is the default gtk setting which can be adjusted. This is going to involve you editing a file and saving it and logging back into the account or rebooting. Go to your home folder and have thunar show hidden files. You should see a file called .gtkrc-2.0. Right click on the file and add:

Code: [Select]
style "scrollbar"
{
     GtkScrollbar::slider-width=25
}
class "GtkScrollbar" style "scrollbar"

The 25 is the size and can be adjusted to your liking. I think 15 is about stock and this might be to much of a change for your liking but it's changeable. I am posting the entire .gtkrc-2.0 so you can see how it should look.

Code: [Select]
gtk-menu-popdown-delay = 0
gtk-menu-bar-popup-delay = 0
gtk-enable-animations = 0
gtk-timeout-expand = 0

style "scrollbar"
{
     GtkScrollbar::slider-width=25
}
class "GtkScrollbar" style "scrollbar"

mades

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 07:24:52 PM »
Thanks Darin, I will try that out the next time I open my laptop. If anything, I will be sure to post here :)